The Lordsburg Municipal School District is a "community" that prepares its every member to be successful academically, personally, and professionally. For this underlying belief to become a reality, we must accept and embrace necessary change and tirelessly devote ourselves to creating, measuring, and maintaining a system that is both resilient and responsive.
It is the mission of the Lordsburg Municipal School District to create and maintain safe and caring schools that ensure
every child reaches a high level of academic achievement that can be verified and that further positive intellectual,
physical, ethical, and social development.
The aim of the Lordsburg Municipal Schools is to create and maintain a culture and climate that foster:
- Educational Proficiency
- Life-Long Learning
In order to fulfill the fundamental purpose of helping all our students learn at high levels, we are dedicated to creating a school district in which . . .
- Each educator, parent, and student is clear on the knowledge, skills, and dispositions students are expected to acquire in each course, grade level, and unit of instruction.
- The learning of each student is monitored on a timely basis. When students experience difficulty, the schools have structures in place to ensure they receive additional time and support for learning. When students have achieved mastery, meaningful enrichment opportunities will be provided.
- There is a climate of high expectations for student success, both while in school and beyond high school, and staff members communicate their high expectations to students, parents, and one another.
- A collaborative culture, assimilating open, honest, and constructive communication, ensures staff members work together interdependently to better meet the needs of their students and to analyze and improve their professional practice, using data to inform instruction. Scheduling occurs to support collaboration.
- Frequent reporting of student progress toward explicit learning outcomes helps staff members and parents take collective responsibility for student learning.
- Structures are created to promote widely dispersed leadership throughout the school, utilizing the creative talents of individuals within specific and clearly understood parameters to implement the district's curriculum.
- Each staff member will continually develop professional expertise because structures to support their ongoing, job-embedded learning, and continuous improvement are built into the school day and school year.
- Students and adults alike take pride in their school and know that their efforts, improvements, and achievements will be recognized and celebrated.
- Positive moral and ethical character among staff and students is consistently demonstrated.
- The school environment is safe and orderly.